Saturday, February 9, 2008

A New Monkey

Yesterday we received a package in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa. It was a little Valentine's Day package for Elijah (and a lovely card for Mama and Papa). We opened it even though it was a few days early. Well, inside was a sing along cd (It was great Grandma! We already listened to it!) a card and a little Valentine's Monkey! I don't know what the deal was, whether Elijah just REALLY likes monkeys or he liked the color or he was just in the mood to receive a new gift, but it was soooo funny. As soon as I gave it to him he did something I've never seen before. He held the monkey in both hands, at arms length out in front of him and turned around in a circle, smiling the whole time. I was so stunned I didn't even think to grab the camera. I just started laughing like crazy. He only did it for a few minutes. I have no idea if he learned that at daycare or was trying to dance or was just goofing around. It was just really funny. Anyway, he dragged that little monkey around with him all day yesterday. So, thanks for the really wonderful gift Grandma and Grandpa! :) PS. He's not staged in any of these photos! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute story! I can just imagine him twirling around with a monkey, squinting and smiling!

Miho