Friday, May 15, 2009

Elijah's Big Boy Room

Recently we bought Elijah a "Big Boy Bed" in order to make the switch and have the crib available for the new baby. Elijah was very excited about it when he heard it was going to happen. We finally got it last weekend and got it partially set up. He was very excited the first night he slept in it. When I went in to check on him I was struck by how small he still is, since the bed dwarfs him. I took this picture. :)





















Yesterday, my first day of mat leave, I set up the rest of the room and got the drawers put in the bottom of the bed too. Elijah was even more excited about it after that! It was a combination of the digger bed cover, Thomas blanket and Cars sheets I think. :) Oh, and the new wall decorations we put up. He even got to help me hammer in the nail for hanging up the giraffe height tracker. :) So far he's had no trouble sleeping in the bed. He keeps himself tucked into the corner and doesn't seem to move around too much in his sleep, so we haven't been worried about him falling out. Phew! Here he is, showing off the new digs.












No comments: