Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Carrots!

In the last couple weeks we've started Elijah on solid food. He was getting up several times a night to eat and hadn't gained any weight lately so we figured it was the right time. He's been eating rice cereal no problem. We decided to introduce new foods slowly - only 1 per week. This week was carrots. First I tried to make them myself. When I fed it to him he made gagging and choking sounds so I figured I didn't get it quite right. :) We bought a small jar of carrots to check out what they should look like in terms of texture. And of course, we tried to feed them to him. He really didn't like them so much. :) The pictures say it all. Anyway, I figured I hadn't cooked mine long enough before blending them so now I know what to do. Hopefully he'll like them better than the jarred ones! So, since he wouldn't eat the carrots, yesterday I made some pears. The texture was much better than my carrots. He still found it weird as he made a few faces but after the first few bites he was all for it. So, now he's doing rice cereal and pears. We'll see what's next!

No comments: